Just because you have a small business, it does not mean you can not think big! Some of the best marketing ideas come from the minds of small business owners. It is their ingenuity that allow people to reap big rewards even small investments.
Below are 5 small business ideas that you can start implementing today in your own business to increase customers and the overall bottom line.
- Create contest – Market research has shown that competition work. Whether it’s your 10,000 th customers, a quiz that you send all of your clients, or folks simply fill out a slip of paper, you can instill excitement in your business with a well-run competition. Offering a prize such as a large screen TV, iPod, computers and the like will certainly get people talking about your business. Take pictures of the winners and post them everywhere!
- offer discounts / offers in exchange for the email client – addresses are valuable. Your job is to build a huge list of them and stay in touch with your customers on a regular email newsletter! The easiest way to build a list is to offer another person something in return. Off your next purchase of which is a great incentive. Start building your email list today and by offering discounts on future purchases, building a huge email list will cost you nothing upfront and on your profit margins, can actually make you money at the same time!
- news release when you can! – You may think nothing you have to say is worth pushing, but nothing could be further from the truth. Contribute employee, sponsoring organization, great marketing and competition as mentioned above are all great reasons to create a lay press release. Even though you may not get on the cover story, the press release will help you in other ways. You can use out on your own e-mail and online marketing, and when they are granted the right to release sites on the Internet, your company can get a boost in search engine rankings as a result.
- Get video and written stories NOW! – In the age of the internet, utilizing video is one of the great small business ideas that can really reap huge benefits. Simply grab flip cam (or smart phone) and video tape your customers to say something good about you and your business. Send this video on your website and build a huge list of them! Let your customers get new customers for you! If the video can not be written or sent messages is the next best thing. Keep every single one you get and show them to the world!
- own Google – No, I’m not talking about ponying up a few billion buying search area mega site, I’m talking about having search for a particular business or region. For example, if you own a pet shop in Pittsburgh, Pa, then if someone types “Pet Shop in Pittsburgh,” you want to be one of the first results that come up. This is easier said than done, but take a little time to learn about Search Engine Optimization, or SEO will help you get closer to achieving this goal. There are many things you can do that cost little or nothing to help your website rank higher with sites like Google.
There you have it, 5 small business ideas that, if implemented correctly and consistently will definitely increase new customers and profits.