In recent times, with the economic situation as it is, more and more people looking for a second income. A small home business can be a great way to bring in some extra cash or a stepping stone to find freedom from regular day job. Here are seven great small business ideas that can be ran from home.
1. Laundry services. Believe it or not people do not like to do their own laundry! This includes iron, wash, stain removal. These are all things that you can do at home and probably already have all the necessary equipment.
2. Map making. Pretty cottage industry, cartographic services popping up all over. Desk top publishing and cheap printing services make it very easy to install card printing services. You could make a birthday, Christmas and special occasion cards and selling them through eBay store.
3. Cupcakes. This old favorite has made Cupcake industry highly competitive and huge mark ups make this a great business to go into. You should note, however, that there are certain rules that you must meet before you can install in the food industry.
4. Sandwiches. Everybody needs to eat right. You could make fresh sandwiches in the morning and travel to the thousands of offices in all town center. You would probably just the first few before you run out of stock.
5. Set up as a web host. The Internet is huge and everyone who wants a website will be hosting. It sounds like a technical nightmare but it is actually very easy. Get reseller account from one of the big hosting companies and start selling chunks of it off for a profit.
6. Grow your own vegetables. Contrary to popular belief farming is not dead. As I said in a previous idea, everybody needs to eat. You need to invest some time in growing vegetables. Your profits will not come overnight so you have to do something else while they grow. Then sell them where you can.
7. classified buying and selling. Most people think it’s hard to spot a bargain but in reality it is very easy. We are not talking here eBay; we are talking house in the local media, newspapers and magazines. . You will soon be able to spot a bargain by looking at the prices of other similar items and check prices on the web
The trick to come up with small business ideas is to ask yourself the following questions:
1. Is your idea to solve the problem?
2. Does your idea have a market, it is in demand?
3. Can you make money from your idea?
If all else fails you could spy on other people. If others are to be effective then the chances are that you can succeed with a similar idea.